Special Seminar Series - Part One: Economics Perspective
Time and location
Wednesday, 9 September 2020
11am - 12.15pm
Live via Zoom
About the presenter
Stephanié is a well-being economist at heart and is co-creator of the Gross National Happiness Index (GNH) for 11 countries, including New Zealand, Australia and South Africa. Using ‘Big Data’ extracted from the Twitter Application Programming Interface, the GNH determines the evaluative mood of a nation.
- What is Happiness Economics?
- Why is it important to measure happiness?
- Big Data
- Gross National Happiness Index
- Descriptive analysis
- Results of Covid-19 and lockdown on happiness
- Policy implications
- Conclusions and acknowledgements